dianeh92345

dianeh92345

Amish Romance : Love You (Aubrey's Change of Heart) (Amish Romance : Torn series Book 1)
Saraah Sowell, Nicole Wright
Mercy Springs (Republic of Texas Book 1)
Jennifer Osufsen

Indecision Now! A Libertarian Rage

Indecision Now! A Libertarian Rage - Phillip Andrew Bennett Low This book seemed at first like I was reading the required daily writing journal of the quiet, nerdy boy next to me in my 11th grade Creative Writing class. It contains a variety of items including essays, stories, plays, poems and Shakespearian play updates. Most are funny, especially the footnotes. What's not to like about a second generation American seeing Superman as an "immigration story"? The QR code links to YouTube contain images you are unlikely to forget. There are a few serious stories like The Girl Who Became a Gun.

In the third section of the book, the author finally begins to discuss libertarianism in extremely serious blog reposts. He makes a great point that using government funds received by taxing artists to fund other, possibly lesser, artists makes absolutely no sense. The selection of what is good art is always subjective and having a huge bureaucracy do it is absurd. I also have wondered why there are few people interested in serious issues anymore but instead just want to watch the same recycled plots over and over again in movies and plays.

I enjoyed both sections of the book but I believe the lack of transition between the two types of writing was too abrupt. It would have better to separate the two into two books. I spent the first two thirds of the book wondering how the title related to what I was reading because the title covers only the topics in the last third of the book.

I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway but that did not impact my review.