dianeh92345

dianeh92345

Amish Romance : Love You (Aubrey's Change of Heart) (Amish Romance : Torn series Book 1)
Saraah Sowell, Nicole Wright
Mercy Springs (Republic of Texas Book 1)
Jennifer Osufsen

A Life, Redefined

A Life, Redefined - Tracy Hewitt Meyer, Becca Ballenger I received this audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this book but didn't love it because I don't feel like I was the target audience. Just as reading Seventeen magazine as an adult doesn't seem as good as reading it at age 14, the topics in this book seemed better suited to someone in middle or high school. [Since this is a Young Adult novel, that makes sense. I started reading YA when the Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games and Divergent series came out. Because those books were equally good for adults, I think I had a higher expectation for this YA novel, which probably isn't fair.]

The plot is about an extremely dysfunctional family with a 17 year old daughter as its protagonist and her baby brother's death as the inciting incident that propels the plot. All the family members appear unrelenting evil and to some extent out to get the protagonist. There is a twist but it wasn't hard to guess.

Other reviewers mentioned they didn't like the cadence of the narrator but I thought she accurately portrayed the cadence of a 17 year old girl. If you ever talk to a middle or high school girl, that is exactly how they sound. I was curious if the narrator was a teenager but it appears not as she has a Bachelor degree and is a professional actress according to her website.

Overall, the narration was superb and the book would be good for a middle or high school student that was okay with some mature content (cutting, pregnancy, rape accusation).